These pancakes are awesome because they are made from the wholegrain and, obviously, because they’re chocolate! I have found that they give me awesome energy right away and sustain me for a good 3 hours or so.
Ideal for post training as it’s loaded with good carbs and lean protein. You can also change things up by omitting the chocolate powder and blending in some berries or just some spices. YUM!
100g quinoa, soaked 8 hours, strained and rinsed well (60g of carbs in total)
3 egg whites
1/2 tbsp apple cider vinegar
1 tsp bicarb/baking soda
3 tbsp cooked cocoa or raw cacao powder (cooked chocolate powder will give a deeper flavour)
1 tsp cinnamon
1/2 tsp cardamom powder
1 1/2 tsp psyllium husk powder
Sweet Leaf Vanilla cream Stevia – how ever much you want to add
2 tbsp coconut sugar
2 tbsp coconut oil
- Add all the ingredients to a high speed blender in the order they are listed above
- Blend it all up till it’s smooth
- Allow it to sit for 5 minutes to thicken slightly from the psyllium
- While the batter is resting, heat a frying pan over med-high heat on the stove top and melt 1/2 tbsp coconut oil
- Pour about 1/4 cup of batter into the pan and give it a little shake to distribute it evenly and make it into a round. At this stage, you could pop some banana pieces or other fruit on the uncooked surface, but that’s totally optional.
- Allow the pancake to cook until you see bubbles coming up through the centre and edges, and it’s nicely browned underneath. Flip it over and cook for additional few minutes, until browned.
- Transfer to a plate, pour some melted coconut oil over the top and dig in! Or make a stack of them and then dig in, whatever you prefer 🙂