Because of the advanced nature of the course,
attendance to Fundamentals of Raw Chocolate is a prerequisite.
As with the Fundamentals class, this Advanced Raw Chocolate class is a whopping seven years of chocolate making rolled into one class. You will leave the class furnished with yet more chocolate base recipes, but more importantly, deepen your relationship to chocolate by learning “chocolate working” techniques.
As with the Fundamentals class, you’ll be sent a book packed full of recipes and techniques to keep learning at home.
Some of the many techniques you will learn include:
- ‘Bean to Bar’ chocolate; What it means and how to make your own using various methods / tools
- Caramac; Another delicious base chocolate to add to your repertoire
- Ganache; how to make real ganache for truffles, hot chocolate, chocolate sauce and ganache tarts.
- Bonbons will be explored further by making “cookie dough” bonbons – a fantastically versatile base recipe.
- Creme centered chocolates; think Peppermint Paddies and Violet Cremes – another base recipe with endless possibilities.
- Chocolate Work; master the art of working with chocolate to create 3D objects, hollow 3D objects using moulds and other mediums.
- Chocolate Tasting Session; We’ll taste some awesome (and not so awesome) 100% chocolates to explore flavour layering and the journey of chocolate on the palate, explore the traits of different origins of beans and invite each student to share their home made chocolates as part of this focused tasting sessionAs with the Fundamentals class, I encourage my students to stay connected. I will be available after class via email to answer questions and help you overcome any snags that might pop up. You are encouraged to share your questions and comments on the “Ooosha… Advanced Raw Chocolate” Facebook group and will now be in a great position to share your skills with others.As a note, this class is very popular, so please do book today to ensure a place.
This class runs from 11am-3pm
I look forward to seeing you in class!